Tuesday, February 20, 2007

A Moblem Of Prime

Sometimes I have a bit of a speaking dyslexia. I think it happens when my brain is working faster than my mouth can keep up with. What I end up doing is exchanging the first letters of two words.

Some recent examples:

“Know what I had for lunch today? A Chilly Freesesteak!”

“My daughter’s room is pretty big, about 600 fare squeet.”

“Leave me alone for a while. I need to nake a tap.”

These are all total accidents. I couldn’t do it on purpose if I tried. Well, I mean I guess I could, but I’d have to sit there and really think about which letters to switch.

What’s scary is that it might be contagious. Oh yeah, I’m not sure how, but I think my husband is catching it. The other day he asked me if I’ve heard from Duncle Ave.

“Uncle Dave???”

Unfortunately for Duncle Ave, the new name has stuck.

Of course, Sean will still make fun if he catches me in one. The other night I asked him if he wanted to take a hide out to Rome… I mean, a ride out to Home Depot.

“You switchin’ shit up again?”

“Shut uuuuuup!” I whined.

And then more quietly, under my breath: “Fother Mucker.”

15 comments:

mist1 said...

Once, at a restaurant, I ordered the dick lover mousse. I wanted the duck liver mousse. I also wanted to die on the spot.

Tammie Jean said...

LOL! You know Mist1, you may not be able to get that product at the particular restaurant you were patronizing, but you can actually get that stuff. Just sayin'.

Nikki Neurotic said...

Those actually sound like how I'm talking now, though that's due to a cold.

Totally know the frustration though, I switch things up all the time, though usually of the number variety.

Christine Staley said...

Ha Ha, I do that all time - my personal favorite: "That TOTALLY defurts the peapose!"

Tammie Jean said...

Silverneurotic - it's really more comical than anything else. We have to be able to laugh at ourselves, right? Hope your cold is getting better...

Single girl - LOL! That's a good one! Many of my mix-ups end up becoming part of my family's language, just because they're funny.

Steven said...

It's not often that I actually laugh out loud but for some reason this made me... ;)

Steve~

Lizza said...

Haha! Loved the last line.

It actually sounds like fun, but it could be embarrassing in certain situations, like a job interview or a formal occasion.

Tammie Jean said...

Hi there Steve! Wow, that's a great compliment, coming from someone that makes me laugh with every post - thanks!

Tammie Jean said...

Lizza - Yes, that would be embarrassing. Luckily, it mostly happens at night when I'm sleepy. Or after a few drinks!

Travis Cody said...

My dad does that all the time. I have to really stop and think when I want a cup of coffee, otherwise I'll end up ordering a cof of cuppee!

Tammie Jean said...

Travis - Ha! That's a good one! Funny how when you hear something enough it finds its way into your vocabulary.

Erica Ann Putis said...

Haha... You are funny. I do that all the time and was tested for dyslexia in high school and they said I was "borderline" I don't know what that means but blame my bad spelling on it. :)

Tammie Jean said...

Hey Erica! See, I can read and write and spell, it's just that my mouth doesn't know what the hell it's doing :)

yahya said...

You know Mist1, you may not be able to get that product at the particular restaurant you were patronizing, but you can actually get that stuff. Just sayin'. https://tammiejean.blogspot.com/2007/02/toys-in-attic.html

yahya said...

An excellent article. I enjoy your posts very much and find it extremely innovative. Thanks for sharingNice information, valuable and excellent design, as share good stuff with good ideas and concepts, lots of great information and inspiration, both of which I need, Very good points you wrote here..Great stuff... I think you've made some truly interesting points.Keep up the good work.green waste removal